środa, 24 kwietnia 2013

Lesson 35: Modal verbs part 2


1.   MUST + PREFECT INFINITIVE (have +3 forma czasownika), coś musiało się (chyba) wydarzyć.
He must have been there.
2.   SHOULD/ OUGHT TO + PREFECT INFINITIVE, jakaś czynność powinna była zostać wykonana ale nie została.
You should have told him that. Now it’s too late.
3.   MAY + PREFECT INFINITIVE, być może coś się wydarzyło.
4.   MIGHT + PREFECT INFINITIVE niewykluczone, że coś się wydarzyło. (Might używamy również mówiąc, że istniało w przeszłości jakieś zagrożenie, które minęło: Why did you lend him the car? He might have killed himself.)
5.   CAN’T/COULDN’T + PREFECT INFINITIVE niemożliwe, że coś się wydarzyło.
You can’t have seen him yesterday, he’s abroad.
6.   COULD + PREFECT INFINITIVE coś mogło było się wydarzyć ale się nie stało.
He could have gone to the match but he went to the cinema.

Uzupełnij zdania odpowiednim czasownikiem modalnym:
a)    Her face seems familiar to me. I (musiałem chyba spotkać) her before.
b)    I can’t find my watch. It (musiał chyba zostać skradziony).
c)    He (niewykluczone, że napisał) this article.
d)    The car has broken down again. I (powinienem był sprzedać) it.
e)    This picture (niemożliwe, że został namalowany) by Picasso.
f)     Robert (być może był) on the concert. Ask him.
g)    He (mógł kupić) this house, but he missed the occasion.

Odpowiedzi:
a)    Her face seems familiar to me. I must have met her before.
b)    I can’t find my watch. It must have been stolen.
c)    He might have written this article.
d)    The car has broken down again. I should have sold it.
e)    This picture can’t have been painted by Picasso.
f)     Robert may have been  on the concert. Ask him.
g)    He could have bought this house, but he missed the occasion.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz